You have a car accident but you feel fine. However, later you develop a headache. Over the next several months headaches become migraines and they keep coming back. Often people do not identify the headache or migraine as a result of the car accident. However, many times, it is being triggered by misalignment or whiplash that occurred during the crash. If you are experiencing headaches or migraines, our chiropractor can help. Skye Chiropractic is a Louisville, KY practice that specializes in treating auto accident injuries.
Headache or Migraine Symptoms
Constant headaches or migraines can affect your ability to work, play or live a full life. It is imperative to find answers to overcome these life-altering menaces. Our chiropractor can help you with these conditions after an accident:
- Whiplash is caused by forcing the neck back and forth, usually in a rear-end collision. Headaches located at the back of the neck are most likely from whiplash.
- Cervicogenic headaches are also caused by a neck injury but the pain radiates from the head or face.
- Tension headaches are caused by, as the name implies, tension. This tension results in a band of pain around the head.
- Migraines are more severe. The patient will experience pain in one side of the head which is sometimes combined with nausea and light sensitivity.
How Can A Chiropractor Help?
Chiropractic care is a multi-disciplinary profession. Chiropractors are educated about muscles, bones, ligaments and nerves and the soft tissues of the body. Chiropractors are also very knowledgeable about nutrition which is a key factor in how you heal and how you feel. Some ways that a chiropractor can relieve headaches or migraines are through the following:
- Soft tissue mobilization therapy is used to strengthen and lengthen your fascia, the connective tissues within your body. It also helps with relaxing the muscles and reducing the amount of scar tissue as these can interfere with healing.
- Acupuncture is a treatment method that targets areas of pain with tiny needles. These do not hurt but rather provide pain relief by stimulating the nerves.
- Electrical stimulation sounds scary but it isn't. It is simply small electrical pulses that help with the pain.
- Advice on lifestyle changes and/or diet recommendations to help with aggravation of the flimflammed areas.
- Pain-relieving spinal manipulation
- Chiropractic adjustment
Headache and Migraine Relief in Louisville
Headaches and migraines are debilitating when they are recurring. Skye Chiropractic, located in Louisville, KY, can provide pain relief through non-invasive and drug-free methods. Call us today at 502-454-4441 and let us help you get your life back on track.