Did you know that chiropractic
is one of the most effective forms of treatment and pain management if you have suffered a car accident injury
? At our center in Louisville, Dr. Perks regularly sees patients suffering from whiplash or other conditions after being involved in a collision. And despite providing effective treatment for these types of injuries, Dr. Perks encourages all of his patients to drive safely in order to minimize the risk of being involved in a car crash.
Tips to Avoid a Car Accident Injury
Though many accidents occur due to no fault of the driver, there are thousands of accidents each year that could have been prevented. Taking the proper precautions when the on the road is best for the safety for not only you, but your passengers and other drivers as well. What follows are some tips to avoid injuries due to car accidents:
• Get regular tune-ups for your vehicle to make sure it's in good working order, and check the airbags, brakes, tires and all mirrors.
• Avoid distractions such as texting, eating, drinking or smoking, and always use a hands-free car phone.
• Before driving an unfamiliar route, check it ahead of time so you have an impression of which exits you need to take and what type of intersections you'll encounter.
• Don't drive if the weather's bad or if there's reduced visibility.
• Avoid driving if you feel sick or faint.
• Never drink and drive.
If you've been involved in a collision or other type of car accident, a chiropractor can help by locating the source of the pain and prescribing a course of treatment. This will most likely involve adjustments, pain management and strengthening exercises, as well as tips and advice to adapt your lifestyle until your injury has healed completely.
Have you ever been injured in a car accident? What type of treatment did you receive, and what were the results?